Wednesday 16 April 2014

Only a Stones throw away!


I love the things I see when I'm walking. This is the start of the Cumbria Way in Ulverston, the town where Stan Laurel (of Laurel and Hardy fame) was born.The railings were full of pottery creations made by the local children in the school holidays.


It's a lovely stroll up Gill Banks in the evening sunshine


Then up the country lanes towards Osmotherly.Look who I met on the way!


Today my travels took me in a different direction.


The lanes of the Lake District are suddenly blooming! The verges were brimming with  primroses , violets and wood anemones.




There were Marsh marigolds in the brook



and a magical carpet of violets and celandines!


It never ceases to blow me away despite the fact that I was born in this area more than half a century ago!

Lunch was a banquet of cheese ciabatta and crisps, on the banks of a little beck with my favourite companion!



whose little legs had worn down two inches by the time we got home.

A really lovely couple of days,being at one with nature and learning as we go!







No comments:

Post a Comment