Saturday 21 April 2012

I Spy with my little Eye!

My unknown plant
I took a photo of a small blue speckled egg which I found on the road as I walked home with the dog yesterday. In fact I'm always taking photos. It helps me to remember the small details I see as the seasons change from day to day. It started as a way to remember our home education lessons and gradually became a habit. In our small hamlet with no more than 70 houses you would imagine there would be little to record.In fact you would be wrong. I am always comming across small details which would flash by in the blink of an eye if you were in the car. There was the day I found a mole trying to bury into the sunbaked earth on my way back from taking my daughter to school. I picked it up and took it home and my son and I spent the next hour watching how it burrowed with its spade like hands into a big bucket of earth before we took some photos and let it go. Or  the time we found a slow worm basking on the pavement as I waited to pick up my eldest son from the bus stop, or the pheasants nest in the garden, the deer grazing on the lawn and the heron rising up from the beck. The other day I spotted a green spike like flower in the grass verge. I didn't know it's name so I took a photo to remind myself to look it up when I got home. I have read about Shaggy ink cap toadstools, blackbirds being able to mimick other birds and the fact that it takes a lamb a day to bond with it's mother as if it is separated too early she will reject it. There is a lot going on around us each and every day if we take the time to look!
Lambs in the back field!

No comments:

Post a Comment